The AWA holds woodturning several classes each year. Students must be a current member-in-good-standing to take any of these classes.
All members are eligible to enroll in the beginning classes (see notes below for those under 16 years of age). Other classes may require some level of experience. Please see class description for recommended experience levels.
The Following Applies to All Classes
- A signed Release of Liability is required and will be available at the class. Students under 18 years of age must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Class location is normally on Ship Creek Avenue in Anchorage. Directions will be supplied to those who sign up and pay tuition for the classes.
- You are encouraged to bring your own tools; however, you may borrow club tools if needed.
- Most classes are limited to 10 students and will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
- If there are less than 8 students registered at the start of class, it may be canceled. If canceled, you will be given a choice of a refund or rescheduled at a different date.
- Students less than 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent. In this case you must email Bob Flint at email@example.com and provide the age of the child and verify at least one parent will accompany your child for each class. Bob will then confirm to you by email and will send you an invoice (at this point you will be on the tentative class list pending payment of class fees and membership verification. You will remain on this list for 5 days following the sending of the billing).
Please click here to email Bob Flint at if you have any additional questions about classes.