ALASKA WOODTURNERS MEETINGS
Due to the COVID-19 virus, the next physical meeting date has yet to be determined.
With the rapidly changing guidelines and emergency declarations surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), the AWA will be holding remote meetings and demonstrations via Zoom until we are confident that we will all be safe during our meetings.
2021 Meeting Schedule
All of our meetings take place on the first Saturday of the month (with some exceptions for holidays). We do not meet during the summer months of July & August. For 20 minutes prior to each meeting, participants can bring in their woodturning tools for sharpening, and get tips on sharpening their own. There will then be a short business meeting followed by an approximately 90 minute long woodturning demonstration.
- January: Saturday, January 9, 2021 10:00am – 12:00pm
- February: Saturday, February 6, 2021 10:00am – 12:00pm. Wednesday, February 17, 2021 6:30 – 8:30pm
- March: Saturday, March 6, 2021 10:00am – 12:00pm. Wednesday, March 17, 2021 6:30 – 8:30pm
- April: Symposium Saturday, April 10 & 11, 2021 10:00am – 12:00pm
- May: Saturday, May 1, 2021 10:00am – 12:00pm. Wednesday, May 12, 2021 6:30 – 8:30pm
- June: Summer Break – No Meeting
- July: Summer Break – No Meeting
- August: AWA Picnic – Aug 14 at Abbott Loop Community Park, 8101 Elmore Rd.
- September: Saturday, September 11, 2021 10:00am – 12:00pm
- October: Saturday, October 2, 2021 10:00am – 12:00pm
- November: Saturday, November 6, 2021 10:00am – 12:00pm
- December: Saturday, December 4, 2021 10:00am – 12:00pm
JOIN OUR MEETINGS ON ZOOM
Click on the link below on Saturday October 2, 2021 10:00 AM Alaska to join our interactive meetings.
Feel free to join us beginning at 9:30 pm for demonstrations before the meeting and to visit with your fellow turners. Contact Brian Seitz via email prior to Wednesday if you need help trying to log into Zoom.
This meeting is free to all, so please invite others whether they are a member or not. AWA is making a significant investment in audio/video equipment to bring you these IRDs, so future ones will likely be limited to club members.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 895 4869 6585
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US
Meeting ID: 89548696585
Become a Member of AWA
We hope you’ve enjoyed the opportunity to participate in our meetings and will continue to support the Alaska Woodturners Association. If you’re new, we’d love for you to join us. Simply click on one of the links below:
To pay AWA Annual Dues for Adults
To pay AWA Annual Dues for 17 & under